Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Life Today - Campbell Farmer's Market


Like most Silicon Valley towns, it wasn't so many years ago that Campbell was known for its orchards and ag businesses. Now it is part of the high tech urban landscape that fills our lush valley from one end to the other, but it has not forgotten its roots. One way in which Campbell is adapting old ways for today, and projecting them into the future is the Campbell Farmer's Market.


Every Sunday morning Campbell closes four or five blocks of the main street in its downtown area and turns it into an open air bazaar. The emphasis is on fresh produce, but there are also plenty of local artists, craftsmen, musicians and more. On a beautiful Spring day it draws quite a crowd.






It costs you nothing but a few minutes to walk through the Farmer's Market, but the rewards are great.   

5 comments:

nitebyrd said...

I love Farmer's Markets. One of the good things coming out of the shitty economy is that we're more likely to seek out local growers and get what is fresh and less expensive than imported items.

Your market looks as delicious as your bagel!

Riff Dog said...

We hit the Farmers' Market every week. There are the local growers as well as all these other cool things, including our tamale guy, and the Mac and Cheese guys and all these other things that make if unique.

Cate said...

Looks like a fab way to spend an afternoon.

I am jealous!

Cate xxx

Lady Julia said...

Nothing is better than fresh veggies from a farmer's market. New potatoes and green beans cooked together - nice Southern treat. Ours hasn't opened yet so I'm envious as well :)

Apollo Unchained said...

I love sharing this ephemeral bit of Real Life. In my current situation I have less and less reasons to keep this blog anonymous. I have a "public" blog but I haven't posted there for ages -- it's much more fun to post things here.

Thank you all for stopping by. And Lady J, I loved your voice clip. Yum!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites You Comment, I Follow