Friday, September 19, 2008

In The Spa Again

Dear Reader, here's a break from all the psychology. This is part of the occasional series on people I've met since moving out of Casa de Apollo nearly three weeks ago.

Now, I don't want anybody to read this and be disappointed, so I'll tell you now, there is no sex in this story. Well there might have been sex, but I was not involved and it's not in the story. Just innuendo.


I got home to the apartment about 9:30 Sunday evening. My place overlooks the pool and spa, so it's easy to see if anybody else is out. It's a good way to meet folks, and it's more fun to hit the spa with others than all alone. There were a couple of people in the spa, so I changed quickly and out I went.

It was a small disappointment to see them leaving from one gate just as I opened the gate at the other end of the courtyard. Oh well. Advancing to the spa, I stepped alone into the 104 degree water. The nearly-full moon shone brightly in the eastern sky.

I was there only a few minutes when I heard the gate and saw, looking back over my shoulder, two young women headed my way, talking cheerfully. I smiled as they came to the spa and greeted them.

Both were apparently in their mid-20s. One wore a standard two-piece suit that revealed her narrow waist and firm, flat tummy, tapering into her bikini bottom. When she bent over to step backwards into the spa I saw something written across her bottom.  Distracted by her perfect butt, I didn't even read it. But I saw it again later, and looked a little longer. Am still not sure, but it may have said "Santa Cruz".

Her long blonde hair evidently had started out some other color, but looked nice enough. Her face was pleasantly pretty but not, somehow, interesting to me at the time. Her bikini top enclosed an attractive but not ostentatious pair of breasts, modestly sized, probably a B or C cup. Her name is Cheryl and she is wearing large hoop earrings in the spa.

The other girl is Heather. She has lovely brown hair, about shoulder length, pulled back behind her ears. Heather is a large girl and you can tell she's self-conscious about it -- her very modest swim suit has one of those "tents" that falls from the bra all the way below her waist to hide her tummy. It does, however, reveal some generous cleavage.

Heather has an attractive, squarish face, alight with expression. She wears a huge smile which draws you right in. Her manner is, well, coquettish. As we talk she'll look down, then look up at me out of the corner of her eye and smile, then look right at me briefly, smiling even more beautifully, and just as quickly look down again. I'm guessing it's a general insecurity about her weight, compounded by the natural social shyness of conversing in bathing suits with a strange, older man.

Competition!

We talk in general terms for just a few minutes until the gate opens again. This time it's two young men, also in their early or mid-20s, who live in a bachelor pad just across the pool from me. Again, we introduce ourselves: it's Ian and Cody. I've met their roommates previously (yeah, four guys in an apartment). They've apparently met the girls before and the immediate topic becomes some club in San Jose.

Both young men have that hairless look pioneered by bicycle racers and body builders, popularized by Gay Men, and now adopted by just about everyone. However, I am at ease: my own hairy chest is freshly trimmed! It not only looks nicer, but it also helps conceal the spots where I was sloppily shaved for an EKG the previous week.

Ian seems the brighter of the two. He is a student in Civil Engineering and also works in the field. But meanwhile Cody is putting the moves on Cheryl. And he seems to be making progress.

At this point, I decide to leave the spa and swim a few laps. That's part of what I came here for, after all, and I think it's more dignified than sitting here as the odd man out in the conversation.

Chatting with Heather

After a few laps of the 25 meter pool I'm back to the spa. Cody is still chatting up Cheryl, but Heather seems to be neglected. I am nothing if not the gentleman, so in a few minutes we are deep in conversation.

The best thing about talking to Heather is her smile, which she flashes quite a bit, and in many variations. I also enjoy the mobility of her hair, constantly in motion as she bobs her head and frequently reaches to pull strands out of her eyes. And (I have to admit) I enjoy her reel-you-in cleavage, breasts continuously flowing into new shapes as she frequently changes position.

Heather is going to school to be an EMT. Heather is working as a temp. Heather would like a roommate to help pay the rent. Heather recently broke up with her scum-of-the-earth boyfriend, with whom she had lived for three years. Heather would like to be married. It is not a fascinating conversation, but it is pleasant.

Roughhousing in the Pool

Cody and Cheryl, meanwhile, have gotten into the pool. Cheryl, for some reason, doesn't want to get in the water past her narrow waist, giving the ungentlemanly Cody an excuse to grab and throw her. He is behind her, putting his arm across her chest, just below her bikini top, and she doesn't seem to mind too much.

Ian apparently wants to join the fun and next thing I know Cody is grabbing him too. It is an unexpected sight -- Cody is holding Cheryl with one hand and prying Ian loose fromthe railing on the pool steps with the other. I think Cheryl finally helps and Ian is soon all wet. The three of them do some happy, noisy splashing, probably unappreciated by the 10pm neighbors.

As they rejoin Heather and I in the spa, the pool gate creaks once more, announcing the arrival of another young man on the scene. It's Chris, one of Ian and Cody's roommates. I've met him before, he's just out of the Air Force I think.  Chris is a good looking guy, well muscled, with a short beard. He is obviously smart and we had a good conversation last time we met.

Cody and Cheryl Get Shots

Within a few more minutes Cody and Cheryl, who have been comparing personal drinking habits, get up and head out the pool gate, apparently to do shots up at Cody's. Heather seems a bit concerned about her friend, but off they go.

Pretty soon Chris is betting that they won't be coming back. This increases the agitation of Heather, who finally picks up her cell phone and calls Cheryl. And there they are, discussing such things where Cheryl is going to sleep, leaving Heather's door unlocked, what time is breakfast, and when Cheryl has to be at work the next day.

Time passes -- Cheryl and Cody actually do return to the spa, somewhat to Chris's surprise and, perhaps, disappointment.

Heather Goes Home

A short time later, Heather decides it's her bedtime. This now requires a repetition of the previous phone conversation, only longer and more intimate. Heather will leave the door unlocked for Cheryl. Cheryl might spend the night "at the guys' apartment." Heather will cook breakfast for Cheryl. Heather needs to leave for work at 7:30 am. Cheryl might not be at Heather's by then. Cheryl will be fine.

The conversation repeats along these lines for a while. I could be wrong, but I think Heather is hoping that Cheryl will just come up with her and go to bed at Heather's place. But she doesn't want to be a wet blanket so she won't come right out and say that. I think Cheryl is trying to keep all her options open.

Anyway the conversation, as I said, repeats along these lines for a while until finally Heather does leave.

I get back into the pool to swim a few more laps, and when I get out I find that the conversation is about how drunk Cheryl is.  Chris is explaining to her that the hot tub increases the speed of alcohol absorption. She actually seems just fine to me, but Chris says that she is slurring her speech. I found myself wondering, is he concerned that Cody is going to take advantage of a drunken babe? Or is he worried that she'll get sick? I'll probably never know.

Beat It! The Cops!

We're in the midst of this, and I've just gotten Cheryl some water when her phone rings. It's Heather of course, but this time with a word of warning: the cops are coming! And before Cheryl even hangs up, there they are at the gate.

Well, not "the cops" really. It's just a couple of security guards, but we need to go. The pool officially closes at 10pm. It's about 10:30 now, and we're being too noisy. I grab my towel and head for the gate at the end of the courtyard.  Chris, Ian, Cody go out the other gate with Cheryl.  And the security guards.

It was the last I've seen of her, or any of them for that matter!

8 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Maybe youth isn't wasted on the young.

I probably could boink a young guy but only on the condition he not talk. At all.

Kyra said...

I love these stories!

And I got a little grin on my face when I read about your sexy trimmed but hairy chest :)

I was thinking, ah if only I were Heather...

Veni said...

Ah, youth. Reminds me of when I went skinny dipping with my new boyfriend and called him by the wrong name.

Apollo Unchained said...

You ladies are wonderful, my smile gets wider with each comment, no matter which order I read them in. You are all invited to come visit, either singly or as a group!

Nitebyrd, bless your sweet heart, you're cracking me up! But I wouldn't mind if a lady wanted to talk nonstop, so long as it's to me and not her cell phone.

Kyra, believe me, you are at least 100x more interesting than Heather, and that's not even counting the fact that you have a better figure. By the way, I came up with an interesting solution for dealing with my, um, back. I'm seriously going to have to post a picture...

Surprisingly enough, I've never been skinny dipping with a girl, Veni. Oh wait, that's not true, I forgot about my wife ... Oops! Anyway, you could call me any name you want.

Riff Dog said...

I love this! A return to youth would be so nice!

Apollo Unchained said...

Riff Dude, we should work something out next time you visit the Bay Area. You are clearly the Babe Magnet, and I've got this nice 2BR apartment overlooking the pool ...

Riff Dog said...

I don't know about "babe magnet," but that visit does sound tempting!

Apollo Unchained said...

We'll do this when you come to visit "Paige" :-)

Bring Claire!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites You Comment, I Follow